Spring is the best time of year to schedule an AC check-up before the summer rush. Avoid waiting only to find out there is a problem with your system when the temperature soars and you really need it. Blue Valley Heating & Cooling in Longmont is a reliable HVAC contractor that offers extensive and affordable air conditioner service for your home or business.
Air Conditioner Maintenance Service
- Check level of refrigerant. Each manufacturer recommends a specific amount of refrigerant for their particular unit- if the level is too low or too high, the system will not operate at its optimal efficiency which will lower its life and raise your energy bill!
- Clean evaporator and condenser coils. Dirty components will also increase energy costs and prematurely wear down the equipment due to the system working harder than necessary.
- Adjust blower for maximum airflow. According to energystar.gov, “Airflow problems can reduce your system’s efficiency by up to 15 percent.”
- Inspect condensate drain. If the drain becomes plugged, condensation will back up and possibly cause water damage to surrounding areas.
- Examine electrical connections. Careful inspection of electrical components is essential for safety. In addition to tightening any loose connections, the HVAC technician will also measure the motor’s voltage and current.
- Lubricate moving parts. Friction will damage motors and increase electricity needed for operation if moving elements are not lubricated.
- Check settings on system and thermostat. As a final step, it is important to do an operations test to make sure the air conditioner starts and turns off correctly and that the thermostat is set for maximum comfort and energy efficiency.
Having a contractor perform a pre-season check-up is the best way to prevent unexpected and inconvenient problems as well as the higher cost of repair on poorly maintained equipment. The highly skilled and experienced technicians at Blue Valley Heating & Cooling in Longmont can also give you tips for improving the efficiency of your cooling system during their air conditioner service!